Events

Officials: 2 swimmers exposed to toxic gas, hospitalized

today05/27/2022 4

Background
share close

WEST OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) — Officials say a woman and 6-year-old girl were taken to a hospital after they were exposed to a toxic gas while swimming at an indoor pool in West Ocean City.

News outlets report that the Worcester County Fire Marshal’s Office said firefighter paramedics responded to the Francis Scott Key Family Resort on Thursday afternoon and found the girl and a 41-year-old woman complaining of severe difficulty breathing. They were flown to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. The fire marshal’s office says during routine maintenance, muriatic acid and chlorine were accidentally released, forming a toxic gas that was discharged into the pool where the woman and child were swimming.

The pool was closed indefinitely.

 

Source: AP – All contents copyright 2022 Associated Press.  All rights reserved.

 

Written by: Editor

Rate it

Previous post

Entertainment

Need for speed: Indy 500 tabs ‘Rooster’ to wave green flag

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Miles Teller feels the need...the need for speed! The "Top Gun: Maverick" actor will get it as the honorary starter for what should be the fastest Indianapolis 500 in history. Teller will wave the green flag for "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Sunday. The 35-year-old Teller stars as Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw, son of beloved late navigator "Goose," in the long-awaited sequel to […]

today05/26/2022 1

0%